1. Health/Wealth Tip
Health: The Benefits of Sauna
- Infrared sauna heats you internally
- Increased immunity
- Collagen growth
- Increased blood circulation
- Equal to an endurance exercise
- Regulates sugar levels
- Reduced acne breakouts and slows down aging
Wealth: Understanding Appreciation
- Real estate goes up in value
- Driving value by becoming worth more
- Increasing rents or decreasing expenses
2. Michael Barnhart & Suzy Sevier’s Background (25:17)
- Michael is active duty Air Force and getting his PhD in biochemistry
- Suzy is a program manager for a biotech company
- Moving from Colorado Springs to England
- Buying real estate in the U.S. without seeing the property
3. Their Journey into Real Estate Investing (27:30)
- Reading Multiple Streams of Income by Robert Allen
- Seeing everything going virtual as an opportunity
- Attending the virtual REI conferences
- Going multifamily and Suzy transitioning to real estate full-time soon
- Their why of serving beyond the four walls
4. Looking Out for Markets (39:42)
- Hiring two partners of their team on the ground
- Hiring a property manager aligned with their values
- Getting introductions to local brokers and syndicators
- Learning from a mentor and looking for deals
5. Getting Investors (50:47}
- Getting into deeper conversations with investors
- Don’t just sell, connect with people
- Investing with the sponsor, not the deal
- Managing an apartment building in the U.S. from the UK
6. Final Exam: (1:15:30)
- What book or film changed your life?
- What healthy habits do you wish more people in the world that you interact with carried out on a regular basis?
- What is one wealth tip you wish you had learned earlier in life?
- Where do you see yourself in five years?
- What did you want to be when you grew up?
- What is one thing on your bucket list that you haven’t done yet?